Saturday, May 16, 2009

Presenting NightMaiden!!

Here on the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild we will be introducing you to the members of the guild. Every week we will feature someone new.
This week's feature artisan is NightMaiden. I asked her some questions to help you get to know her.. and here are her responses.

1. How long have you been a Chainmailler?
Honestly, I've only been mailling for about a year now.

2. Why do you like Chainmaille?
I fell in love with chainmaille because it is so versatile. There are so many different things you can do with it. Different materials, colors, weaves, and it keeps growing...

3. What is your favourite type of ring?
I honestly love working with Enameled Copper. It has a good heft to it and is great for my mens pieces. Anodized aluminum is also a favorite because of it being so light. They also have amazing colors and I love to add color to my chainmaille pieces.

4. What kind of items do you prefer to make?
I love working with jewelry in all the forms. Its just quick and easy and then you can put it on and wear it and everywhere I go I get compliments on them.

5. Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know?
I'm torn between two that I am dying to learn. First is the Coyote Maille, just because I can already see the bracelet I can make with this weave... Second, is the Ruffles, just because it looks cool...

6. Which piece are you most proud of?
I have to say that I am super proud of my Flowers and Byzantine piece because it ended up looking very vintage and it came out so amazing...

7. What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille?
Don't give up. There have been times where rings have gone flying across the room because I got frustrated and was about to give up. I kept trying it after my feelings had calmed down or I asked one of my friends that are maillers and I finally figured it out. Don't be afraid to ask, we as maillers have an open door to others. We have had to start out and learn and we understand what it was like to get that unnerved that we are pulling rings out of the ceiling (Been there, done that, several times).


Thank you for that NightMaiden. Stay with us while we introduce our other members of the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Shake Your Bon Bons said...

Very nice write up! And very nice artwork-the designs are simply stunning.