Monday, August 24, 2009

Presenting Catinalife!

This weeks feature is of one of our newer members. Catinalife makes wonderful items of jewellery, both with Chainmaille and other media. Let's see how she answers our questions.

1) How long have you been a Chainmailler?
Just a few years now, as I have time I learn new patterns and design uses. Time is the biggest issue.

2) Why do you like Chainmaille?
I get a rhythm going with my hand movements and usually make an item too long if I am not careful.

3) What is your favourite type of ring?
Still learning my way around with what will work best especially when combing with the gemstones.

4) What kind of items do you prefer to make?
Bracelets are my best. I usually make full sets with necklace, bracelet and earrings if possible.

5) Which weave would you like to learn that you don't currently know?
Byzantine, I really need some time to practice that design.

6) Which piece are you most proud of?
A simple 4-in-1 necklace with silver and gold 4mm rings and used blue Zircon Swarovski crystals which really gave it some flash.

7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Practice, patience and practice, good tools and good quality rings.

Thank you Catinalife! You can see more of her fabulous creations at Catinalife on ArtFire.

1 comment:

eclecticgayle said...

Cat rocks!...several pieces of hers are my faves...nice feature of a fine artisan!

cheers,gayle