Thursday, March 10, 2011

Introducing BooBooArt!

Today we are introducing another of the newer members of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild. This week it is Ann from BooBooArt. Let's see how she answers are regular questions.

1) How long have you been a Chainmailler?  I started chainmailling about 8 months ago but am feeling encouraged that I'm heading in the right direction since I have been accepted to two art galleries:  Galleria Evangelia in Columbus, Ohio and The Guild on the Triangle in Whitewater, Wisconsin.

2) Why do you like Chainmaille?  I like the clean lines and the 3 dimensional aspect of it.  I also like to work in aluminum because I can create a piece that looks really heavy but is actually feather light, affordable, and nickel free.

3) What is your favourite type of ring? I love the aluminum chainmaille rings because they look like slightly oxidized sterling silver and are light to wear.

4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? I prefer to make flat-weave bracelets.  I was never much of a necklace wearer and I just find bracelets to be so much fun.

5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? Jens Pind (it looks impossible!)

6) Which piece are you most proud of? A custom 3.5 inch wide cuff for a local model. It sounded insane when she ordered it but it turned out gorgeous. 

7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Quality instructions are a MUST or else you'll have hours of frustration and nothing to show for it. I learned that the hard way!   Also, relax that grip! 





Thanks so much Ann, and welcome to the Artfire Chainmaille Guild. Be sure to check out BooBooArt on ArtFire for more great pieces.

No comments: