Friday, January 25, 2013

Welcome Mc Roberts Maille

Today, we welcome Mc Roberts Maille to our guild. Let's see how He answered some questions about Chainmaille.

How long have you been doing Chainmaille? I've been making chainmaille for about 4 years now.
Why do you like Chainmaille? I just find it intriguing. The feeling of it, the history of it, and the infinite variety of possibilities
  
What is your favorite type of ring? I think my current favorite is Stainless Steel
What type of items do you prefer to make? Simple items. As in, I don't really find much interest in overly complicate or 'busy' designs. But, that's just me.
  

Which weave would you like to learn that you don't currently know?
I can't really think of one currently. When I see something I like, I make it. :-)
Which piece are you most proud of? Tough question. But, I would have to say my Carabell Rose Earrings. They are my first completely original design. I haven't seen another pair like them yet. :-)

 

What advice would you give someone who is considering doing Chainmaille? Pay close attention to detail and ring closures. In my opinion, quality is far better than quantity or speed. Thank you!! 


Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. You can check out Mc Roberts Maille Artfire shop by following the link: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/McRoberts
                                                                                                                                                                  

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


                                                                                                                                    

No comments: